Receptionists are crucial to the running of our advice sessions. This can be a challenging but rewarding role with plenty of contact with our clients and staff. There are also opportunities to provide administrative support alongside the client facing duties.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Welcome clients coming into the waiting room.
- Explain waiting times and procedures to clients.
- Provide a service that is based on sensitivity and respect for clients.
- Input client information on to the client database.
- Provide client with information where appropriate, including details of other agencies, and point out leaflets / factsheets
- Liaise with advice staff regarding support for individual clients.
- Before the session, check facilities in the reception area and reception materials.
- Update public information materials and information.
- Attend meetings
- Any other relevant admin and support duties required to ensure the smooth running of the office.